8895 Centre Park Dr Ste 3F, Columbia, MD | Directions 2104539.229675 -76.812994
Mon - Thu, noon - 7:30pm; Fri, Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, closed
Neighborhoods: Ellicott City
I look younger and feel younger – This place has moved to Oakland Mills Rd. I went to the Centre Park location only to find out they are about 5 minutes away near Snowden River and Oakland Mills Rd. The new place is incredible. Very nice. Address is 6935 Oakland Mills Rd. Columbia Md 21045. Next to Bikram Yoga and Bon Fresco. I don't know how to change the info on this site but hopefully someone does.
Well I loved my massage... – I can't believe that I was at the same place as the review stating that this was the worst massage ever. I believe I had the best massage ever. Funny how people have different experiences. I enjoyed my time at Face Place. I wanted to write this review because it seems like people only write reviews for bad experiences but never for good experiences. Contrary to what the previous client experienced, I loved every minute of my time there. I definatly think opinions are subjective and I am sad that Face Place got such a bad review. I'm glad I went to experience this for myself. I also paid a great rate for my services which makes this place affordable and worth more than the cost that I paid
Worst professional massage – I had high hopes for this massage. The lobby is attractive and the front desk was very professional. However, this was the worst massage I have ever paid for so I am glad that I got it through Groupon. Here are my complaints:
1. The massage was after an aromatherapy steam. I had to bring the robe into the steam room so it was damp when I left and was taken to the massage room. Neither the massage room nor the massage bedding was warmed so I was shivering. Great start.
2. The massage therapist did not ask what areas I would like her to focus on. When I brought it up myself (early on in the massage) and asked her to spend some time on my TMJ, she said that she would not have time. (This was an hour massage and we were not more than 10 minutes in.)
3. In the middle of the massage, she sprayed my feet with something cold without telling me first. I assume that is a hygiene precaution but it could have been either warmed or I could have been warned first.
4. She dribbled cold massage oil on my back at one point. Ack! Again, no warming or warning...
5. She put a hot, wet towel on my back for a few nice moments but when she removed it, I was chilled again. Would have been nice to transition back to a warm blanket.
6. She yawned loudly about 6 times. I know I wasn't entertaining but....
7. There were other people talking loudly outside the door. (The music, however, was nice.)
8. Her technique was not pleasant. I don't know how to explain this better. You just know it when you feel it. I am willing to concede that this is a subjective area but I have had a fair number of massages over the years and this was neither relaxing nor therapeutic.
9. When she massaged my hands, her fingernails kept poking into my palms. Never had that happen before.
10. You know how a good massage ends with some kind of relaxing transition? Not this one. She went from deep rubbing to out the door in less than 30 seconds at the end. On the plus side, she left me a glass of water.
Just an average day – My husband bought me a package for a "spa day" here. Overall, I was not impressed with the experience. I enjoyed the massage and the pedicure very much, the body treatment was just so-so, and the facial was the worst I have ever had. It was supposed to be an hour long delux facial, which includes an eye and lip treatment. The facial at most lasted 30 minutes, and I never received an eye and lip treatment. The compress put on my eyes was freezing cold. Literally, the person washed my face, wiped it off so fast with cold wash cloths that it actually was uncomfortable, put some toner on with a cotton ball, did extractions, which also really hurt, massaged my face for a little, and then put a mask on for 10 minutes. The mask was again washed off so quickly with cold rags that it actually hurt, and then she moisterized my face. I went into the bathroom afterwards and I had specs of either moisterizer or the mask all over my face. I actually have marks where she did the extractions on my face now. It was honestly the worst facial I have ever had. For a place that is called "The Face Place" I was expecting a great facial, and it just didn't happen. I have had many many facials, and this was by far the worst ever. My skin didn't feek good at all after it. I had to go home and do my own "facial" to try to salvage what had been done.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Face Place on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.