DO NOT RELY ON CHECKER CAB FOR
RESERVATIONS - I've used Checker Cab for a little over a year, reserving rides to the airport and train station and, after nearly half of my reservations have shown late (5-15 min. incl. 2 no-shows), I've decided that today was my last ride with them.
After this morning's Checker Cab was a no-show, causing me to miss two consecutive out-of-state trains, the following considerations led me to my decision.
1. They will take your reservation in advance (day before), but CHECKER CAB DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOUR CAB WILL ARRIVE ON TIME, or at all - I found this out from the dispatcher AFTER my scheduled pick-up was a no-show.
2. CHECKER CAB DISPATCHERS ARE APATHETIC - An objective expression of my frustration and request to get a cab out ASAP, was met with annoyance and lack of urgency.
3. CHECKER CAB WILL NOT FOLLOW THROUGH ON PROMISED SERVICE - after four calls to find the status of my cab, I was told "no drivers are in your area and do not want to pick you up because you're not going far enough" (I live in the city and airport/train station is 15 min. away).
My recommendation - if you need to make reservations for a cab, make sure you use a company that will guarantee the reservation, or use a car service. You can not count on Checker Cab.
Add your blog review of Checker Cab Assoc Inc to Citysearch
Do you have a review of Checker Cab Assoc Inc on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image
link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the
business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
1. Include our image link in your Checker Cab Assoc Inc review blog post.
2. Citysearch will notice that you're linking to one of our pages. We'll scan your blog.
3. We'll show a link to your blog post from the Checker Cab Assoc Inc page on Citysearch.
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.